Private Properties converting to Tshwane prepaid
Installing a Tshwane prepaid meter is quick and easy and is a great way to start saving on your electricity consumption.
Where to apply
- Mamelodi Municipal Offices – 012 805 2044
- Eersterus Municipal Offices – 012 806 6241
- BKS, Room 102, Pts CBD; 373 Pretorius Street – 012 358 4401/4151
- Centurion Municipal offices counter 9 – 012 358 9077
- Atteridgeville Electricity Depot – 012 373 6287
- Roslyn Offices – 012 358 9411
- Akasia Offices – 012 358 4424
How much does it cost?
The total cost of the Tshwane prepaid can be obtained from The City of Tshwane at 012 358 9999
The amount includes:
- Prepaid meter application at City of Tshwane.
- The prepaid electricity meter.
- Installation of prepaid meter by contractors of the City of Tshwane.
- Installation of prepaid meter time will be determent by The City council and will be subject to the availability of meters and contractors.
Requirements for application:
- A copy of the owner’s ID document.
- A copy of the latest electricity bill. (both pages)
- A copy of the latest electricity bill payment.
- NB All your contact details.
Process that will be followed:
- The conventional meter will be replaced with a Tshwane prepaid meter.
- You’ll receive a keypad that can be plugged into any three point plug in your house.
- A card will be provided with which to buy power.
- You’ll receive a token number which must be entered into your keypad.
- The keypad will indicate the units after you have entered in the token number.
Where do I buy Tshwane prepaid electricity?
- Internet with Tshwane Prepaid, bank and ATM.
- Shops and 24 hour filling stations.
- City of Tshwane municipality.
Conditions for applying
your municipal account should not be arrears if in arrears, settle your account or make arrangement to pay-off your bill
Three phase connections should be referred to Inspectorate Section of Energy & Electricity Division